- This event has passed.
Select Board meeting
February 3 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
SELECT BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Sean R. Fitzgerald Town Administrator Tel: (781) 596-8850
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c.30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Swampscott Select Board will be conducted via remote participation. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found within this posting below.
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the Town of Swampscott’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
A PUBLIC COMMENTS
B. NEW AND OLD BUSINESS (Possible action/vote of the board)
- Discussion of Housing Eviction / Foreclosure resources
- 6:15pm Public Hearing: Notice is hereby given to the residents of the Town ofSwampscott that the Select Board will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday, February 3, 2021, at 6:15 P.M. in a virtual meeting on Zoom for all parties interested in a request from National Grid for the following petitions /request:
- 179B Burrill St. / Plan# 28596386 – National Grid to install 1 JO pole on Burrill St beginning at a point approximately 25 feet east of the centerline of the intersection of Burrill St. Installation of JO pole needed to relocate electric service to #179B Burrill St. Swampscott, MA 01907. Current service is a non standard configuration and needs to be corrected.
- 367 Forest Ave / Plan # 30068245 – National Grid to install beginning at a point approximately 96 feet west of the centerline of the intersection of Forest Ave and Sherwood Road and continuing approximately 7 feet in a northwest direction. Install approximately 7ft of 1-3″ conduit from pole 125 to house 367 Forest Ave for new underground service.
- 1014 Humphrey St. / Plan # 30298408 – National Grid to install beginning at a point approximately 20 feet south of the centerline of the intersection of Humphrey St and Phillips Ter and continuing approximately 10 feet in a north direction. Install 1-3′ conduit approximately 10 ft from pole #228 to property line at house 1014 Humphrey St.
- Discussion and potential vote on Select Board comments for the Department of Housing & Community Development pertaining to potential development proposed at Elm Place
- Discussion and potential vote to open and close Special Town Meeting Warrant
- Review of FY21 Q2 operating budget results.
- Discussion regarding the Glover Property located at 299 Salem St.
C. VOTES OF THE BOARD
• Approval of the consent agenda
The Consent agenda is designed to expedite the handling of routine and miscellaneous business of the Board. The Select Board may adopt the entire consent Agenda with one motion. At the request of any Board member, any item(s) may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda for discussion.
Consent Agenda Items:
- Vote to approve meeting minutes from January 20, 2021 meeting
- Vote on appointment to the Affordable Housing TrustD. TOWN ADMINISTRATOR REPORTE. SELECT BOARD TIMEAccess to the meeting can be obtained by the following means. Please note that if accessing the meeting online or on the smartphone app, you will be muted upon entering the meeting but can be unmuted to speak by using the “raise your hand” feature in the application. If you are viewing the meeting by phone, Facebook Live, or on TV, you can email questions in advance or during the meeting to Peter Spellios, Chairmen of the Select Board at email@example.comOnline:
- Go to https://swampscottma.zoom.us/j/98118925861
- You will need to download Zoom software to access this meeting and computer speakersin order to hear itBy Phone
- Call (929) 205-6099
- Enter webinar ID: 981 1892 5861Using the Zoom smartphone application
• Enter webinar ID: 981 1892 5861
Online on Swampscott Government Access TV: tv.swampscottma.gov Facebook Live: On the Town Facebook Page – @SwampscottMA01907
On Government Access TV:
Comcast – Channel 22; Verizon – Channel 41